Hi Good People!
Yesterday i had the most fabulous time in church. We had a seminar organized by the Single’s fellowship. Trust me when i say it was all shades of AWESOME! Enlightening too! Ok enough of all that. I’m gonna be sharing excerpts from what was discussed;
Marriage; the important/not-so important issues that we overlook that cause marital disorder. Yeaah. You know, i went there expectant. I wanted to hear the same things i’ve heard over and over. I wanted to be taught charisma and attitude and all those blah blah. You know the normal stuff we hear when we attend singles & married meet-ups.
Anyways i got the shock of my life when the minister began his introduction. So let’s get down to business shall we?! Right.
Ok so before i start i’ll like to establish some facts;
1. God is the foundation of marriage. Genesis 2v18. He has an order/protocol for marriage. He determines when you’ll marry. Until God says you’re ready, you’re not ready. Aloneness not loneliness qualifies you for marriage.
2. God designed woman to provide HELP for man. His idea was for woman to HELP man achieve his destiny. If as a woman, you’re not willing to help a man,you’re not ready to marry. You’re not fulfiled until u’re HELPING that man you’re created to help. You have no business dating a man you can’t HELP fulfill his destiny. Genesis 2v18-25.
3. A man who doesn’t know his purpose in life isn’t qualified to marry. Every person should know his purpose on earth or else he/she will marry wrongly and miss it for life. Mis-marriage affects your spiritual life and so many other things about you.
Ok so we’re clear.
Next up is those things that affect us maritally.
Our character matters a lot. There are certain things you do that will attract certain set of people to you. If you have a terrible character, you’ll attract a particular set of people and vice versa. So you need to get it right. If you put your character right, there will be nothing called delay. Women need to learn submission. Being stubborn or domineering will cause delay or mis-marriage.
There are certain wrong traits we inherit from our parents. E.g divorce, polygamy, domineering & controlling wives, lazy dependent husbands e.t.c. For marriage to be productive/successful, these traits will have to be gotten rid off.
3. Pre-marital Sex.
Marriage is a covenant not a contract. Sex strengthens the covenant. When two undefiled people come together, the marriage becomes unbreakable. When you engage in sex, a bond is formed. For everyone you’ve had sex with, you’re in a blood covenant with that person. If u’ve had sex with 10 people, your soul/destiny has been fragmented into 10pieces. It is also the fastest way to transmit demons. For you to succeed maritaly you must break yourself from any any kind of attachment/bond/soul tie. I Corinthians 6v15-16.
Alright, so we’re also clear on that.
Finally, there some things we need to keep at the back on our minds when preparing for marriage;
1. If you don’t train yourself to hear from God concerning other issues, you won’t hear from God when it’s time for marriage. Start commiting every decision to Him.
2. Ladies are at the receiving end. Men will look for you. Help yourself. Protect yourself from canopy men. Ask God to give you clear-cut indicators and qualities to look for in a man. When He has revealed them to you,write it down. Don’t go out with somebody you can’t marry. When you hang out with someone you don’t like, you’ll discover what you like in that person.
3. There’s no price in heaven for marrying.
4. Women are created to help men. You must be willing to submit your mission to his mission if you wanna marry.
5. God can use your parents as a spiritual authority to prevent you from making bad decisions.
6. Men don’t change. Women change all the time. You can’t change another person but you can change yourself. When you do, you’ll attract the right set of people (Again, character matters a lot). 7. Study the Word. Psalm 119v9. You can marry anybody if you operate by the Word of God.
*Phew! I hope someone is blessed, i know i was.