1. I have two minor papers left which means exams are over…technically. I literally struggled the whole time as I had to meet up my daily quota over at Cosmo. I finally got a hold of it towards the end but it was a tad late. Thank God for understanding editors. This is probably the most non-chalant exam I’ve written in recent times. It just needed to be over and done with.
2. The amount of junk food I’ve eaten in the past month is incredible.
3. I have a problem with people that spell their names in retardese. Two years ago, during the annual Experience concert, there was a new female ministering. Apparently, she’s one of the music ministers which emerged from the House On The Rock Church. The first thing that stuck me about this weave-flipping lady was the spelling of her name which was obviously printed in the program – Gloweeyah Braimah. This irked me to a large extent because I believe a learned woman shouldn’t spell her name like that and for that I didn’t take her any serious. Last week, she released her album and there was a lot of noise on social media which reflected on my Instagram. I have no idea why. I don’t follow her. Apparently, Tuke Morgan performed at her concert. Long story short, I passed a comment on her promotional post which she later deleted. (I know. I checked) Usually, I wouldn’t have said anything but my eyes were sore from the numerous posts. Anyways, my point is don’t spell your name is retardese – yes that’s what it’s called. It speaks highly of you and it’s not very pretty. If the lady simply went by Gloria Braimah, I probably would have taken more interest in her.
4. I’ve gone makeup-free for the most of this month. From the movies to the exam centres, banks and whatnot. I almost went to Church without makeup until I stopped myself. It’s just so convenient to tone my face, apply Aloe Vera Gel and Maybelline Baby Lips – which is totally overrated btw and jet out of the house with my marley twists. Super convenient. Plus, my face is in a pretty decent place so I’m pretty confident in it except that it takes a bit of getting used to. Well, except when you bump into your crush.
5. I’ve had a crush on Nnamdi since my first year – still do. Sweet. Charming. Complete Gentleman. Hot. Beard gang. I always look forward to seeing him anytime I go to school. Yeah, he’s an IT staff. In fact, sometimes, I intentionally find something to do in his office especially if I don’t stumble into him in the hallways. Plus he’s exceptionally nice to me. I like to appreciate nice people. Anyways, last week during my exams, he came and coincidentally, I bumped into him. Apparently, he was posted to my exam centre. My heart skipped a beat. I was in a skater skirt, flip-flops, messy bun with zero makeup. Fortunately, my conversation with the head of my department was enough distraction. I didn’t have to stop to talk to him although he tried playing pranks with me and succeeded. Multitasking at its best.
6. I’ve been reading a number of individual newsletters from Ibukun to Afoma and Festus. I didn’t realise I had subscribed until I got my first notification. A few months ago, I decided to try my hands on newsletters – one of the key internet skill for freelancers. It proved a tad difficult initially but I got a hang of it afterwards until I thought of my non-existent audience. If there’s one thing I suck at, it’s Social Media Marketing. It’s totally foreign territory as I don’t like to impose things on others and vice versa. In the meantime, I’m enjoying these other newsletters and taking notes.
7. So, I’m currently following the second season of Empire even though it’s underwhelming and everyone thinks it’s a mess and should be stopped. I enjoy it nonetheless because it helps me relax and take my mind off things for a while. I’m considering taking up Jane The Virgin and Suits Season 5.
Update: I binge – watched the entire first season of Jane The Virgin in two days. I absolutely love the show and Gina Rodriguez was brilliant. The Golden Globes is totally well deserved. I especially love the infusion of Spanish. I love that the cast are not known people. A breath of fresh air and more although I think the story line is awfully similar to The Secret Life Of The American Teenager. More like a matured version. Now, I just have to finish up the new seasons of The Flash and Suits.
8. A couple of days ago, I discovered Sonia by accident. Actually, her tweet was retweeted to my timeline and I was captivated. Apparently, she’s a 29-year-old who has been to 30 countries which marked her goal of 30 countries by 30 goal. What am I doing with my life again? You can imagine if she was a photographer or even a writer, the wealth of knowledge and exposure she would have amassed would have been incredible. Fortunately but unfortunately, she started a blog albeit late to document her travel diaries. Best believe, I’m done with it and I’m living vicariously through her until I’m done with this degree. I hate that people have the notion of globetrotting as a luxury or an expensive venture. It can be if you want it to especially if you’re rooting for five star hotels. From all of the books and resources, I’ve read so far, it is not far-fetched. Try saving up on weaves and aso ebi first. Best thing? Many countries especially in Europe are ridiculously cheap. Start from there.
9. For a while now, I’ve entertained the idea of starting my organic skincare line. Enter Formula Botanica Training. While handling the AN Twitter account, I saw their handle and decided to check them out. Let’s just say that I need to start saving up.
10. Someone reached out to me to contribute to a relationship blog. I turned it down. I haven’t been in that many relationships. Actually, I’ve only been in a handful of relationships and I don’t exactly qualify to speak on them.
P.S: I’m thinking of starting yoga especially since I still struggle to exercise. But first, I need to get a yoga mat.