So I dug out my ”God’s Little Devotional for Graduates” from my archive, did a quick review and have decided to study it all over again. As you know it’s filled with inspiring quotes, supplementary Bible verses and challenging stories. So I’ve decided to share as many of my fave[aren’t they all?] quotes,verses and occasional bits and pieces as possible.
I hope it inspires you as much as it does me.
” When you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice”
– The memory of the righteous will be a blessing… Proverbs 10v7 (NIV)
”Many receive advice,only the wise profit by it”
– Pride only breeds quarrels,but wisdom is found in those who take advice Proverbs 13v10 (NIV)
Most of us are surrounded by good advice at any given time.
– The books of our libraries are full of it.
– Preachers proclaim it weekly
– People with high varied experiences and backgrounds abound with it.
– Schools give access to it;labs report it.
– Commentators and columnits gush with it.
But all the good advice in the world is worth very little….if it isn’t heeded. Be one of the wise – value and apply it.
I’ll probably use the month of September for the whole book.