” I have never been hurt by anything I didn’t say”
– Don’t talk so much. You keep putting your foot in your mouth. Be sensible and turn off the flow! Proverbs 10:19 (TLB)
Many a foible or flaw
Need not show… for
If you don’t say so,
Others won’t know!
” We too often love things and use people, when we should be using things and loving people.
– Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10(NIV)
”Success is knowing the difference between cornering people and getting them in your corner”
– Can two walk together except they be agreed? Amos 3:3
”Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.”
– Aim for perfection 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)
”The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.”
– Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. Proverbs 22:29
Hard work. Study. Hope. Persistence. These are all ”common things”. They are the keys, however to doing uncommonly well.
”Definition of status: buying something you don’t need with money you don’t have to impress people you don’t like. ”
– But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men…. Matthew 23:5(NAS)
Trying to ”keep up appearances” is often a way ultimately to lose face.
”I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past”
– Remember ye not the former things neither the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing… Isaiah 43:18,19.